Grand Canyon Tours
Grand Canyon air tours by airplane offer visitors the fastest way to travel to the Grand Canyon South Rim or West Rim, plus you enjoy a dramatic and memorable bird’s eye view of the Grand Canyon National Park. More than 200,000 visitors choose Grand Canyon air tours each year. Most of these Grand Canyon airplane tours take off from Las Vegas, Nevada or nearby cities like Henderson, Nevada and land at Grand Canyon West, where many visitors opt to add on Skywalk tickets, a helicopter flight, horseback riding or boat ride to their air tour package. There are air tours from Las Vegas and Scottsdale to the South Rim as well. Air tours are the number one way to see the Grand Canyon in one day and some visitors find it worthwhile to spend a little more to fly than to take an 18-hour round-trip van or bus tour.
Peer out the window during one of these Grand Canyon helicopter tours for a bird’s eye view of the Grand Canyon it is a visual feast without rival. More than a half million visitors take a Grand Canyon helicopter tour each year. Most of these helicopter rides take off from either the Grand Canyon Airport in the village of Tusayan located just outside the South Rim, or Las Vegas, Nevada or Sedona, Arizona.
Helicopter tours at the Grand Canyon have become increasingly popular and affordable. Not only do visitors get to fly over and through the canyon walls, select helicopter trips touch down at the bottom for a picnic lunch. Helicopter tours are an easy and rewarding way to see and experience the Grand Canyon and require only 1/2 - 1 day of time and can be under $200 per person. Grand Canyon helicopter tour companies upgrade and maintain their fleet often for first-class comfort, passenger protection as well as environmental protection, while tour narration can be offered in up to seven different languages. Additional tours such as the Grand Canyon Skywalk are often part of popular helicopter tour packages. Check out different providers of Grand Canyon tours to all points departing from Las Vegas, Sedona and South Rim areas.
Ask any of the 22,000 Colorado River runners who brave Grand Canyon white water river rafting trips each year to describe the experience and you’re likely to hear that it is “the trip of a lifetime.” Licensed Grand Canyon rafting companies vie with eager private boaters for the limited Grand Canyon Colorado River rafting permits the National Park Service make available every year. Kayaks, dories, oar-powered inflatable rafts, and graceful motorized rigs are the watercraft of choice through this world-class Grand Canyon whitewater rafting wonderland. Trips are moderately expensive, and last anywhere from one day to two weeks. There are also different levels of excitement available for these trips. Float trips tend to be more mild and and travel mostly on the smoother part of the Colorado River with less rapids. Other trips take on the Class 5 rapids head-on! If you have the desire to travel through the Grand Canyon via water, there is a river rafting trip for you.
Many Grand Canyon river rafting trips depart by van from Flagstaff or Las Vegas and put-in at points like Lees Ferry, located about 2 1/2 hours from Flagstaff and about 50 miles north of the North Rim entrance. These trips start booking up a year in advance, but it never hurts to keep an eye out for last minute cancellations or unfilled spots. There are a few Grand Canyon river rafting booking companies on TheCanyon.com that work with all of the difference rafting companies to assist in filling the available spots. If you're looking to book last minute, look at or Special Deals page or our 11th Hour Getaways. You might just be able to book a river rafting trip down the Colorado last minute and maybe even get special pricing!
Hiking the Grand Canyon is the most intimate and profound experiences one could have with nature. With every step, the rugged terrain introduces a new perspective of the depths that make up the Grand Canyon. There are several Grand Canyon hiking trips to choose from. From backcountry backpacking hikes or backpacking with mule assist, to hiking then camping or staying at a Grand Canyon hotel, there is a hiking trip for you. Guided hikes can range approximately anywhere from 14 to 44 miles over 3 to 7 days or so. It really depends on the hike you chose and which guide service you are hiring.
There are a few hiking trails that are conducive to an average fit adult to hike, but many people underestimate the demanding nature of hiking the Grand Canyon. Bringing enough water, staying cool or warm in more sever temperatures, pacing oneself, being appropriately fit, and knowing how to get help when something goes awry are essential to hiking the Canyon. If you are not completely confident in your abilities to manage a safe hike, then hire a Grand Canyon hiking guiding service. These hiking guides are passionate about the Grand Canyon and are more than happy to keep you safe while sharing their love for this truly unique place on Earth.
Grand Canyon tours on the ground are a great way to see more of the Grand Canyon in a shorter amount of time. Bus and coach tours go to the South and West Rims. These tours are highly recommended if you would like to see the Canyon in comfort. If you're feeling adventurous and want to see and do it all, some of these ground tours are combined with helicopter rides, river trips, lodging and dinner reservations. There's a ground based Grand Canyon tour for almost every kind of visitor and they range in time from a few hours to multiple days with lodging included.
Visitors should know that even though the approximate straight-line distance between the South and North Rims of the Grand Canyon is only about ten miles, the driving distance is about 215 miles and amounts to five hours driving time. Ground tours leave from many of the towns and cities surrounding the different parts of the Canyon. There are van tours that go to the South Rim departing from Sedona, Flagstaff and Williams; bus/coach tours depart Las Vegas or Los Angeles; Jeep tours often leave from Williams or Las Vegas. But depending on your location and what you want to see, you may want to take a combination ground-and-air tour to get the full experience.
Usually, visitors headed for the South Rim - the most popular area of Grand Canyon National Park - frequently embark on tours from Williams, Flagstaff, Sedona, Phoenix or Las Vegas aboard a comfort-ride van or coach, particularly when the tour is taken in place of transportation. Popular South Rim tours also include the Grand Canyon Railway, which departs Williams for Grand Canyon Village daily, and 30 to 45-minute helicopter tours, flying from the Grand Canyon Airport near Tusayan over the South and North Rims and back.
Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas are typically destined for Grand Canyon West, an area of Hualapai Nation located outside the National Park and home to the glass Skywalk attraction. The South Rim is also a popular destination from Las Vegas. Tours from Las Vegas commonly include transportation by van, coach, helicopter, airplane and Jeep (or a combination therein) and range in price from under $100 per person to over $600 per person.
Grand Canyon tours to the South Rim - the most popular area of Grand Canyon National Park - most commonly depart from Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Williams/Tusayan, Sedona, or Phoenix. Embark on a tours from Williams, Flagstaff, Sedona, Phoenix or Las Vegas aboard a comfort-ride van or coach, especially if you're looking for the tour as an alternative to transportation. Popular South Rim tours also include the Grand Canyon Railway, which departs Williams for Grand Canyon Village daily, and 30 to 45-minute helicopter tours, flying from the Grand Canyon Airport near Tusayan over the South and North Rims and back.
Usually, tours to Grand Canyon West, an area of Hualapai Nation located outside the National Park and home to the glass Skywalk attraction, originate from Las Vegas. Tours to the West Rim commonly include transportation by van, coach, helicopter, airplane and Jeep (or a combination therein) and range in price from under $100 per person to over $600 per person.
The North Rim is a very remote destination; there are no single-day commercial tours to the North Rim at this time (although many whitewater and smoothwater rafting trips begin north of the North Rim at Lees Ferry.) Instead, book a multi-day "Grand Circle" trip that includes the North Rim, a river rafting trip, or a custom tour. With a handsome travel allowance, many tour operators can create a custom tour for you with a combination of van, coach or air travel.
For a one or two day trip, we highly recommend you drive yourself to the North Rim. You could take a shuttle or taxi; there are very few companies that provide Grand Canyon shuttles or taxi cabs from Flagstaff to the North Rim, but those that do offer prices ranging from $158 - $200 per person and depart almost exclusively from Flagstaff hotels (although custom options are available for additional rates.)
Although not a tour to the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park, there is a 30-minute air tour from Las Vegas to Bar-10 Ranch, a decidedly remote 'off-the-grid' vacation lodge and ranch located on the Arizona Strip outside the National Park but only 9 miles from a portion of the North Rim, located 80 unpaved miles from St. George, UT. You'll find this and the aforementioned tours right here on theCanyon.com.
Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour with Optional IMAX
Sit back and relax as your coach driver takes you on a narrated journey from Las Vegas to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. You can upgrade your tour to include discounted tickets to the incredible IMAX footage of the canyon at the National Geographic Visitor Center on the only South Rim bus tour that makes a stop at the center.
- Fully narrated bus tour to the Grand Canyon South Rim and National Geographic Visitors Center from Las Vegas
- Upgrade to view the most watched movie in IMAX history, The Grand Canyon
- Discovery and Adventure
- Only South Rim Bus Tour that stops at the National Geographic Visitor Center
- Time to explore the Grand Canyon at your own pace
- Entertaining and informative commentary from your driver/guide
- Pickup and drop off from Las Vegas hotels
- On your exclusive stop at the National Geographic Visitors Center you'll enjoy lunch (included) before viewing National Geographic's exhibits of the Grand Canyon, including the amazing photo gallery.
You'll get a spectacular taste of the Grand Canyon if you attend a screening of the most watched movie in IMAX history, The Grand Canyon Discovery and Adventure. The footage captured by airplanes, helicopters, hang gliders and canoes is truly incredible.
Next, it's on to the National Park where you will visit the two most spectacular lookouts, Mather Point and Bright Angel Lodge. Take a hike along the various trails to lookouts such as Mather Point, visit the historic El Tovar Lodge, shop for souvenirs or simply sit and gaze at the awe-inspiring beauty of this seventh wonder of the natural world.
There is approximately 1.25 hours at each look out point and 1 hour at the Grand Canyon IMAX Theatre.
Why not upgrade your tour to include an approximate 30-minute helicopter flight over the amazing Grand Canyon. There really is no better way to experience the magnitude of this wonder of the world. With this option you will not visit Mathers Point.
Book and travel by December 31, 2012 and save over 60% off the recommended retail rate - BOOK NOW!
1. Compare South Rim Tours Side by...
2. Grand Canyon Rafting & Boating ...
3. West Rim Ground/Air Tour From L...
4. Airplane Tours Of The Grand Can...
5. Maverick Airlines Fly To The ...
6. Canyon Explorations, Inc.
7. Maverick Helicopter Tours
8. Raft Grand Canyon
9. Great West Adventure Tours Ri...
- Departure Sept 1 - Two-For-One Special - just $1247.50 per person (2 person min.)
- Departure Sept 8 or 11 - Save $25 off the regular per person price of $2,495... you pay only $1871.25!
11. Helicopter Tours Of The Grand ...
12. Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours ...
13. Single Day Tours From Las Vega...
All-Inclusive From Las Vegas
2014 Available Dates:
April 17-19, May 10-12, May 22-24, June 12-14, July 16-18, August 4-7, August 22-25, September 15-18
On this special Grand Canyon adventure, you will fly from Las Vegas to the Bar Ten Ranch on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Your overnight stay at the Bar Ten will include lunch and dinner the first day and breakfast the second morning. You will also have access to all of the ranch’s facilities and activities, including horseback riding, horseshoes, hiking, skeet shooting, and evening entertainment. ATV rides and helicopter tours are available at an extra cost and can be purchased at the ranch. On the 2nd morning, you will helicopter down to the Colorado River to begin the rafting portion of your trip. While on the river, you will run big rapids, hike to interesting historical and geological sights, play in waterfalls, and experience the wonder of a star-filled night sky from our campsite on the shores of the river. Meals begin with lunch the first day and conclude with lunch the last day – all of them prepared and served by your friendly, capable guide staff. The trip will end the 3rd afternoon at Pearce Ferry on upper Lake Mead. Transportation back to Las Vegas will be provided by van or motorcoach. You can expect to be back in Las Vegas around 4:00-5:00 p.m.
To Check Availability Call Now (800)253-7328 or send us an E-Mail with the subject Grand Canyon Ranch & Raft: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information Visit Our Website
14. Colorado River & Trail Expedit...
15. Condé Nast Top Travel Special...
16. Pygmy Guides
Grand Canyon West Rim Air and Ground Day Trip from Las Vegas with Optional Skywalk
Fly from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon West Rim by fixed-wing airplane. Soar over Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam before landing at the Grand Canyon for a West Rim bus tour and box lunch at Guano Point. Upgrade and add a Skywalk pass - you'll have the most astounding, unobstructed views of the Grand Canyon possible.
- 50-minute fixed-wing airplane flight to the Grand Canyon West Rim from Las Vegas
- Fly over Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and Grand Canyon
- Hop-on hop-off narrated bus tour at the West Rim
- Scenic views over the Grand Canyon from Eagle Point and Guano Point
- Box lunch at Guano Point
- Approximately three hours of free time at the West Rim
- Upgrade and add on the Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Pickup and drop off from select Las Vegas hotels
- All taxes, fees and handling charges are included.
On your 50-minute airplane flight to the Grand Canyon West Rim you'll have amazing views of Las Vegas, Boulder City, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon itself.
For the ground portion of your tour, your aircraft will land at the Hualapai Indian Nation Airport. You will then ride in comfort on a short shuttle bus tour between lookout points, narrated by your driver/guide. The shuttle bus stops at both Eagle and Guano Points, where there will be plenty of photo opportunities at these breathtaking scenic sites.
You will have approximately three hours of free time at the West Rim, including a complimentary box lunch at Guano Point, 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above the mighty Colorado River.
Upgrade and enjoy the fabulous Grand Canyon Skywalk, the newest attraction on the West Rim. The Skywalk is suspended 70 feet (21 meters) beyond the rim and 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above the Colorado River, and offers amazingly unobstructed views over the canyon.
After your lunch, climb back onboard the aircraft for another scenic flight (approximately 50-minutes) back to Las Vegas. Complimentary transportation back to your hotel included.
Book now and receive a discount of almost 25% off the recommended retail price. BOOK NOW!
17. Grand Canyon Skywalk & Wes...
18. Looktours – River Raftin...
19. Looktours – West Rim & S...
20. Browse, Compare & Reserve West...
21. Maverick Airlines West Rim & S...
22. South Rim Helicopter Tour From...
23. Papillon Helicopters
24. Looktours – South Rim To...
25. Western River Expeditions
26. All Las Vegas Tours – Gr...
27. Grand Canyon Rafting Tours Wit...
28. Tours Under $100 Including Bus...
29. South Rim Van Tour From Las Ve...
30. Grand Canyon Expeditions
Book any multi-day Grand Canyon National Park or Havasu Falls camping adventure with Discovery Treks for 2014 and Discovery Treks will provide a free hotel room in Flagstaff the night before your Discovery Treks Lifetime Adventure. Offer expires 12/30/13. (Room available as double occupancy only. May not be combined with other offers. New reservations only.)
31. Discovery Treks
32. Hoover Dam Tours From Las Vega...
Grand Canyon West Rim VIP Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas
Choose the helicopter tour that flies furthest and deepest into the Grand Canyon. You'll feel awe and exhilaration as you fly like a bird on the most extensive helicopter tour there is from Las Vegas, taking you below the rim into the mysterious depths of the Grand Canyon.
- 90-minute helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas
- The most extensive helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon, flying further and deeper beneath the rim than other helicopter tours
- Panoramic views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Iceberg Canyon, the Valley of Fire, the Bowl of Fire and Las Vegas Strip
- Onboard commentary
- Choice of morning or afternoon flights
- Departs from Las Vegas, not Boulder City (a 45-minute drive from Las Vegas)
- Pickup and drop off from Las Vegas hotels
As you descend below the rim on your 90-minute flight, you'll be amazed by the majesty, brilliant palette of colors and rugged beauty of the Grand Canyon. You'll pass through millions of years of geological time, as the colorful canyon walls provide a remarkable record of the Paleozoic era, dating back from 250 to 550 million years and beyond.
After leaving the Grand Canyon, other natural wonders unfold. You'll enjoy panoramic views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Iceberg Canyon, the Valley of Fire and the Bowl of Fire. Your flight concludes with an unforgettable pass over the dazzling Las Vegas Strip.
You will travel in a 6-seater, A-Star Helicopter.
Save over 10% off the recommended retail price. Additional specials are available throughout the year. Visit website for details. - BOOK NOW!
33. Helicopter & Airplane Tours Of...
Grand Canyon River Trips Early Season 2013 Specials
Rivers & Oceans works with ALL the outfitters in Grand Canyon. We are your one stop shopping and central reservation source for all the trips available. Currently there are several outfitters offering discounts. With just one call you can get all the updated information on just what is available in Grand Canyon. The season starts on March 15th with one day trips and then beginning April 1st the main section of the canyon opens up to commercial rafting.
For the trip of a lifetime, now more than ever is the time to book a river vacation through the Grand Canyon. Take advantage of the early season discounts by calling us at 800-473-4576 or email us with your time frame and we’ll get you on the river in 2013!
34. Rivers & Oceans, A Travel Comp...
Fly to the Grand Canyon West Rim by fixed-wing airplane, ride a helicopter beneath the rim, cruise down the Colorado River, then enjoy a box lunch at the West Rim. You'll experience the Grand Canyon by airplane, helicopter, boat and shuttle bus on this full-day air adventure from Las Vegas! Upgrade and also visit the Skywalk.
- 40-minute fixed-wing airplane tour to the Grand Canyon West Rim from Las Vegas
- Helicopter descent to the canyon floor
- 15-minute pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River
- Scenic views over the Grand Canyon from Eagle Point and Guano Point
- Box lunch at Guano Point
- Upgrade to take the Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Pickup and drop off from select Las Vegas hotels
- All taxes, fees and handling charges are included
Window seats on the plane are guaranteed on the 40-minute flight to the Grand Canyon's West Rim. Enjoy amazing aerial views of Las Vegas, Lake Mead & Hoover Dam. After your flight, you'll board a jet-powered helicopter to descend 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) below the rim to the canyon floor for a scenic 15-minute cruise on the mighty Colorado River.
After your boat ride you'll board the helicopter once more to ascend back to the top of the rim. Here you'll have time to visit the West Rim Welcome Center at your leisure, using the hop-on, hop-off shuttle bus which operates in the area. During the short trips between each stop, your driver/guide will tell you about the traditional land owners and the history of the park.
Visit Guano Point for fantastic views of the Colorado River and enjoy a box lunch. Explore the Indian Village at Eagle Point to gain further insights into Native American culture.
Upgrade and take a stroll on the spectacular Grand Canyon Skywalk, the newest attraction on the West Rim - see the bottom of the Grand Canyon from 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) up! Due to the tour's time frame, you will only have time to visit either Guano Point or the Skywalk.
Then relax after your day of sightseeing on your return flight to Las Vegas, having experienced the Grand Canyon West Rim from all angles.
Book now and save over 11% off the recommended retail rate - BOOK NOW!
35. Grand Canyon West Rim Air Adve...
36. Bearizona Wildlife Park
Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
This is the "Best of the Best" Hoover Dam Tour! Your professional tour guides will educate and entertain you on all aspects of Hoover Dam in an informative and interesting way, allowing you to enjoy every moment of your visit. Not only will you join the Government's Power Plant Tour and Visitor Center Tour, the Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour is one of the only excursions from Las Vegas to offer an exclusive 45-minute Walk On The Top tour.
- 6.5-hour day trip to the Hoover Dam from Las Vegas
- Walk on the spectacular Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge for an incredible view and one of a kind photo adventure!
- Knowledgeable guides provide a sightseeing tour with a difference
- Government Discovery Tour down into the walls of the Black Canyon
- Fully guided 'Walk on the Top' one-hour tour to see the spillway
- Lunch at Boulder Dam Hotel in Boulder City
- Boulder Dam Museum
- The Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up from five convenient locations with air-conditioned transport
- Trained guides - Listen to your expert guide, fully trained and knowledgeable on all aspects of Hoover Dam and it's history. They are often referred to as Dam Encyclopedias!
- Government's Power Plant Tour - Travel 524' into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour - See the history of Hoover Dam, view the numerous exhibits which explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity
- A Walk on the Top - Fully guided comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam
- Scenic Lake Mead Overlook - Snap some beautiful scenic photographs of Lake Mead
- Delicious Lunch - Early afternoon lunch on the way back to Las Vegas
- Boulder Dam Museum - Watch a movie with vintage footage of the actual construction of Hoover Dam and see amazing photos and exhibits as you learn the truth behind this magnificent structure
- Chocolate Factory - Short but sweet stop at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory
- Vegas Trivia - Learn about Howard Hughes, the mafia and Las Vegas on the ride back
Price displayed includes a discount of 10% and free ticket to Mac King Comedy Show - BOOK NOW!
37. Helicopter, SUV & Motorcoa...
38. See Grand Canyon By Air
39. Las Vegas To The North Rim
40. Grand Canyon Railway
41. Wildland Trekking
42. Looktours – Grand Canyon...
43. Great West Adventure Tours
44. Looktours – Helicopter T...
45. Bus, Coach & Ground Tours ...
46. The Wildland Trekking Company
47. Walkabout Audio Tours
48. Grand Canyon South Rim Ground ...
49. Grand Canyon West Ground & Air...
50. Sedona & Grand Canyon 2 Night,...
51. Red Rock Balloons
52. Sedona & Grand Canyon Overnigh...
53. Visit 8 National Parks Of The ...
54. Days Inn & Suites Kanab
55. Grand Canyon Airlines
56. Hoover Dam Tours from Las Vega...
57. Pink Jeep Tours Las Vegas
$2 Off Admission
Experience Out Of Africa Wildlife Park - Arizona’s Best Wildlife Theme Park
See over 400 animals from all over the world!
58. Out Of Africa Wildlife Park
59. Grand Canyon West Hualapai Nat...
SEDONA HOTELS & BED AND BREAKFASTS
Stay in Sedona and experience a luxurious resort and spa or quaint bed and breakfast with red rock views. See All Sedona Hotels & Lodging »
SOUTH RIM TOURS
Fuel your adventure on these Grand Canyon South Rim tours by helicopter, airplane, van or train. See All South Rim Tours »
GRAND CANYON TOURS
Most Grand Canyon visitors book a tour; go by helicopter, airplane, van or train. See All Grand Canyon Tours »
GRAND CANYON HOTELS & LODGING
Book your hotel or lodging at the Grand Canyon, or nearby in Williams, Flagstaff or Sedona. See All Grand Canyon Hotels & Lodging »